KidSnips was founded in 1997 by two mothers equally frustrated by the lack of kid-friendly hair salons. Today, with several locations serving the greater Chicagoland area, KidSnips provides a fun hair-cutting experience for the entire family with TV’s, video games, toys, car-shaped chairs and fun.
In efforts to reach a broader audience and better track the effectiveness of their advertising efforts, KidSnips wanted to transition some of their traditional marketing to online marketing. Their goal was to build an effective online presence and generate additional business through social media, online ads and SEO.
Given that it was their first foray into digital marketing, it was important that the strategy used be easily tracked and deliver results. Additionally, the strategy needed to focus on their local market and be targeted towards their key demographic.
- Negotiated favorable terms with display advertisement networks.
- Honed in on key demographic and local markets through network ad targeting.
- Created, set up and managed local directory profiles (ex: Yelp, Google Local, Parents Connect).
- Created, set up and managed social media accounts (Twitter, FourSquare).
- Set up and managed deals on sites like Groupon and Family Finds.
- Display ad CTR improved 150%.
- Generated 400 new customers from ads.
- Created additional social media followers through Twitter.
- Generated 271 salon check-ins on Foursquare and countless redeemed coupons.
- Attracted 3,517 new customers through daily deal sites.