Silver Mine Subs is a Colorado based sandwich shop franchise, founded in Ft. Collins in 1996. For years, Silver Mine Subs has supplied the West/Mountain region with hot and cold submarine sandwiches, wraps, salads, sides, soups, and chili. Their closest competitors are Jimmy John’s, Potbelly and Firehouse Subs. They now have dozens of stores throughout the United States with most shops located on college campuses.
Looking to more closely target their primary customer base, Silver Mine Subs needed to transition some of its marketing efforts from offline advertising to digital advertising. Silver Mine Subs wanted to grow their social media following. Additionally, they wanted to capture the contact information of site visitors and improve foot traffic.
- Developed and managed their social media marketing strategy, which included:
- Creating a social media calendar for improving interaction.
- Updating social media accounts with wall messages and tweets.
- Developing monthly Facebook contests to grow fans.
- Geo-targeted lead capture pages were developed and deployed.
- Increased Facebook Fans 87%.
- Increased email subscriber sign up rate by 153%.
- Generated 11,000 customers through group/social buying sites like Groupon and Living Social.