The World Bank has long been focused on Public Private Partnerships and had a portion of their site dedicated to this aspect of their organization. The PPP section was unpopular and felt dated. It was decided to migrate the data (located in a sub folder at the time) to a subdomain, update the site and generate traffic to the newly created subdomain through organic search.
- Performed keyword research which targeted high priority phrases for which The World Bank wished to rank.
- Performed an analysis which identified The World Bank’s online competition that would allow the organization to achieve top rankings for target keywords.
- Provided site architecture, title tag, heading and meta description revisions.
- Created a redirect map for all pages being migrated.
- Developed a content strategy for creating new pages, articles and earning quality backlinks.
- Developers were able to migrate pages with minor losses in authority and without major SEO issues.